Tuesday, April 9, 2013

75 degrees on April 9!

Scouting the weather for this week, Tuesday (today) was the clear premier day.   It was going to rain late overnight, stop by 7 or so, and clear up to a sunny warm early spring day.   It looked like Wed through Friday would be colder and rainy (although Wednesday is looking up at this point).

There's another Populaire ride out of Ride Studio Cafe, and the regular Tuesday 10am group was going to follow the route today.    Neighbor Clyde often rides the Tuesday ride, and I emailed him to see if he was going to join them.  He wrote back that my query settled it, he was going to do it, and proposed we ride there and back.

So we did.   And I wrote Pamela and got the Brevet card, making it my second Populaire in 3 days.  I remembered to take a pen this time, but promptly left it at the start, so I had to borrow again.

One thing to note is that I put on my slip on fenders since the roads were still wet heading out.  A couple people were using the SKS Race Blade Clip On / Clip off fenders.  These seem superior because 1) they mount at the brake not the stays, so they're more stable, 2) the mount points stay in place, but the fenders clip off making them easy to put on or off depending on the weather, and 3) they extend further down the tire than my current clip-ons, causing less spray for those behind you.    I think I'll invest in a pair of those later this season.

No pics today, just enjoyed the ride, but I will add the weather did exceed expectations, certainly into the mid 70s and my Garmin showed it hitting 82 at some point.


Mileage Today: 90 miles
This Month: 222 miles
This year: 1185 miles
Since Aug 2006:  15736 miles



No comments: