Sunday, March 29, 2009

Virginia WOD ride

I'm in Virginia this weekend, visiting my cousin and his family a couple days in advance of this year's Freedom to Connect conference. Steve's Bike is along for the trip, but it's been pretty rainy so I had to scrub yesterday's plan to go cycle by the Potomac and see the Cherry Blossoms.

But today is looking a bit better, it's grey and damp, but the drizzle has stopped. They say there's a chance of one last thunderstorm and then it's supposed to clear. It's time to get on the road though so I'm going to risk the Tstorm, I can always take cover if need be.

So in a few min I'll be off to ride the WDO railroad trail. It passes within a few hundred yards of Greg's house, and I plan to ride it out to the terminus in Purcelville. From there I have a 18 mile route south down the Snickersville Parkway that goes through Virginia horse country and past Civil War Battlefields, eventually arriving at Uncle Jim's house where he's planning a nice cookout tonight. I'm guessing it's going to be right around 50 miles, a nice early season distance.

I'll get some pics uploaded along the way (first bike trip with the google phone, we'll see how it looks). I hope I stay dry!

No comments: