Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Big Day 3

Well I forgot to look before we locked the bike up, but I think it was high 60s maybe 70 miles today (certainly over 100km), probably about 6 hours ride time.

I had a magical experience riding near dusk on high ridge roads with open views all around me and a sunset in the west. It turned a tad anxious but still fun as I had to ride into the night, but the head and tail lamps worked, the roads were flawless and empty, and the cool evening air delicious as the hill town lights twinkled in the distance.  

I didn't get much of a look at the Borgo, arriving after dark.  But I was thrilled to find a bathtub in the room!   So yes I'm writing this note while having a good hot soak for my tired legs. In fact I'm gonna put some more hot water in now. Hopefully it will help my left hip which towards the end of the day starting hurting a bit from my fall this morning. 

I am so hungry, and I tell you few things can match the anticipation of knowing you have a Michelin rated meal coming after a day like this. 

No comments: