Sunday, October 19, 2008

Perfect lunch in Bracciano

Ahhh, I'm now refreshed.  I was starting to get tired before Bracciano, and felt it a bit in my legs.  So I poked around a bit in town and found a bar/trattoria with tables outside with a nice view (and also shade so I don't get a sunburn). I sent one pic, the other view is of the imposing Orsini castle.

I let Mario, the propritario, talk me into three plates, and I'm glad I did because I devoured them:   fetuccini fatto al mano  with egg and porcini, a caprese, and cicorria ripassata with garlic, oil, and red pepper.   Aquaqua frizzante and "un quartino", a quater liter, of a light white wine with a little spritz.  After this email I will take a coffee.  Oh yes, bicycle touring in Italy is truly fine. 

I've done 33 miles so far at an average pace of only 11, way under riding at home.  I had thought to try for Viterbo or even Lago Bolseno today, but there's some sustained climbing coming up.   So I've spent a pleasant 20 minutes studying maps and the Michelin red book, and instead I will try for San Martino al Cimimo, but if I'm tired I will instead stay in Ronciglione.  Ideally I'd like to wrap up today ride by 4:30, but I may have messed around in Rome a tad too long.

No comments: