Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's cold in Chianti

For the first time in the evenings I was glad I carried a wool sweater.  And I needed my arm warmers on that last descent.

Well, the cold I've been fighting off all week has hit, I'm all stuffed up and feeling low.  I went to the farmacia and got some decongestant, and I'm going to bed early tonight.

Tomorrow is an easy ride to Florence, one medium size climb and descent, but otherwise flat or trending down.  30 km or a tad less than 20 miles.   The roads have spectacular views. So, depending on the weather, this will either be a victory lap if it's clear or a final adventure if it rains.

Then it's a pedal through the streets, by the Duomo, and off on a train to Rome. If things go very smoothly I could be in Rome for the afternoon.  That would be great, I could maybe lay low in the apartment in the afternoon a bit.

I'm a bit sad to have the ride come to the end, it's been a fabulous adventure and I'd love to keep going.  Milan?  France?  Sweden?  Europe is a big place. Another time, with Marilyn, if we're lucky and we stay fit.

No comments: