Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cool, rainy morning

I was up early today, and am now ready to head out. Its much cooler outside, I wouldn't say cold but definately quite cool. There's an on and off light rain, and the streets are wet.   Maybe if I waited a couple hours it would clear, or maybe it would get worse.  So, I'm heading out and the last day has brought a final adventure. 

I've repacked the waterproof Ortliebs panniers so everything is inside, I had been leaving frequently accessed items in outside packets.  I've got out my Showers Pass bright yellow rain/wind gear, my bikegore gloves, and my tights.  I'm skipping the arm warmers, I think they'll make me too hot. I'll try for a pic before I go.

The Route this morning is Ferrone, Strada in Chianti, then Grassina and the Via Benedetto Fortini in Firenze down to the river.  And of course I have to cross on the Ponte Vecchio, don't you think?

No comments: