Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tour starts tomorrow

It's been a great 4 days, almost enough to make me want to bring the family over and never leave Roma again in fact.  But, it's time to ride.    If I finish this post quickly I can get 6 hours sleep (one runs short of sleep in Italy), then it's up at 7 and I'm off.

I've sorted out the route for the first 30 miles or so, from Rome to Bracciano.  I'll get to Piazza del Popolo, then on the Flaminia (as named in Roman times), Corso di Francia across the Tevere up to another road that follows an ancient Roman route, the Cassia.   The Cassia will take me to Bracciano.   At that point I plan to stop, consider how it's going, and decide on what to do the remainder of the day.

But first a couple stops in Rome on the way out -- I'm saving them for a surprise.

On a technical note, I can now send photos directly from the Nokia N95 over Tre's 3G network.  But the N95 doesn't have a keyboard, so I probably won't write much.   You probably will see posts of photos only (from the Nokia), followed by posts with some details (from the blackberry).  I was going to buy a bluetooth keyboard for the Nokia, but didn't have time, so this mechanism will have to do.  Still, it should permit some realtime blogging, and by the time those of you in the US wake up tomorrow, hopefully you'll see some photos from my first morning!

No comments: