Saturday, October 18, 2008

Visit to Olmo cycle shop




Bene's father Mimmo told me about a good cycle shop not too far from where i'm staying.  So I rode over there this afternoon to check it out and buy a last few things.    It looked more or less like a normal shop, lots of helmets, more city bikes than road bikes but a few carbon frames.  All Campagnolo, no Shimano in the place.

Because it was the end of the season, and because I'm tall for over here, la signora offered me "un bel sconto" on some summer cycling clothes.  I did need one shirt, so as things go I wound up with two complete technical outfits.  But for a good price of only ... hmmm, you know, I'd better not say.   But they definately are cool.   I'll be using them in the next few days and will try to get some pics.

I returned by San Giovanni in Laterana, and got a nice pic of Steve's bike in front of the gigantic statuary that is on the roorf and also with one of Rome's ancient walls in the background.  I also decided to upload the photo from the Parco degli Aranci of the other day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow,

Didn't know the bike could scale small buildings. Must be those Speed Racer sticky tires available only in Roma.

Ride on and Ciao Bello
-kevin