Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Last post today from a tired Steve

Steve's Bike, I don't know, it could probably keep going.  Although the wheels did get warm on some of the decents.

I ate so much food.  They started things out by offering me a prosecco and a piece of grilled bread salted and peppered and dripping with their own olive oil.  For a pasta it was pici in sugo di nana.  Pici are homemade pasta, they look like fettuccine but with a square cross section. Nana is the local word for duck. Heck who knows maybe its even Italian for duck but I don't believe so. 

Then a filet cooked perfectly with porcini and spinich.   The staff knew about my big ride, so I think they gave me and extra big piece which still would have been considered small back home but was perfect for me.   Then I had a golden apple tart with a chantilly cream sauce.  Yum.  

I ordered a liter of water, drank it, and had them bring a second.  I also had a nice half bottle of a vino nobile from montepulciano but couldn't finish it. Today was a bit extreme with close to 10 hours on the road and alchohol just didn't appeal. 

Tomorrow's the last nice day before rain, and I think I've selected my plan.  I'll finalize the decision in the morning (Mimmo and Ale it involves Cortona), but I'm leaning in the direction of an easier day of around 50 miles and taking a train from Chuisi to Rome tomorrow evening. 

Buona notte

No comments: